SMART Business Acceleration Programme
Vision Manawatu has identified the major barriers to business growth are the need for better management skills and access to investment capital.
The SMART Business Acceleration Programme which has been successfully delivered since 2004 addresses these needs for business that are capable of and have the desire for accelerated growth.
The intensive 12 week programme (one evening a week for 12 weeks) plus individual business mentoring aims to get your business ready for growth quickly by:
- Up-skilling key management
- Developing your management skills
- Creating an investment-ready organisational structure
- Offering access to a mentor
- Providing access to capital
- Encouraging advanced logistical and distribution technology
- Introducing innovative service models
- Providing access to an extensive business network
Interest and participation in the programme is open to any Manawatu, Wanganui, Rangitikei, Ruapehu, Tararua or Horowhenua-based business. The application process involves completion of the relevant application form and a commitment to attend all sessions. A mentor, best-suited to your business needs will then be made available for ten hours of coaching.
Through the New Zealand Trade and Enterprise voucher scheme, a 50 per cent subsidy is available to eligible businesses for up to three key staff members to attend the programme and participate in the coaching sessions.This would make your investment only $2,500 to participate and become part of an Alumni Network full of the region's top businesses.