Integrated Education Guardian Group
The Integrated Education Guardian Group (IEGG) facilitates a coordinated approach to education in the Manawatu.
Formed by Vision Manawatu in 2003, this group consists of representatives from the region's four major tertiary education providers, in addition to complementary service providers and key stakeholders.
IEGG looks forward to undertaking many more collaborative projects to advance the development of Palmerston North and enhance its reputation as New Zealand's leading Student City.
Key aspects of IEGG's work include:
- Establishing and facilitating links and coordination between educational institutions;
- Fostering integration between the business and education sectors;
- Determining and meeting the needs of local skills gaps through education and training;
- Shaping and influencing central government policy affecting education (lobbying);
- Achieving a high level of recognition for Manawatu as a destination for education, training, business and industry.